Dandruff may appear like harmless, but they are all over you even before you know it. Dandruff is the shedding of flaked-off dead cells from the scalp skin. It is an infectious condition caused by bacteria and fungi which and leads to excessive scales formation and itching.
Dandruff can spread by sharing of combs, towels, soaps, and hairbrushes. A number of factors contribute in the cause of dandruff, the most common ones being: Poor nutrition, deficiency of zinc, fungus, yeast infections, poor nutrition, use of highly alkaline soaps and shampoos.
Here some of the home remedies for dandruff :
1. Hot steam bath, especially on the scalp, is quite beneficial. Massage the scalp with hot oil and wrap a hot damp towel on the head for a few minutes.
2. Mix beetroot juice in vinegar and apply on the scalp.
3. Soak two tablespoons on Fenugreek (methi) seeds in water overnight. In the morning, grind the seeds which would have softened by then. Make a paste and apply it on the scalp. Leave it on for at least 30 minutes. Then wash your hair with ritha solution or shikakai.
4. Mix together 1 tablespoon of pure apple juice and 3 tablespoon of warm water and massage into the scalp three times a week.
5. Washing hair with the powder of green gram is also a good way of treating dandruff.
6. Massage the scalp with warm sesame or olive oil. After massaging, wrap a warm towel on the head for a few minutes.
7. Apply gently warm coconut oil mixed with one-hundredth of black pepper.
8. Applying of beet root crushed in henna paste not only prevents dandruff but is also good for treating hairfall.
9. A teat-tree oil based shampoo is also very effective in battling dandruff.
10. Avoid consuming sweets, strong coffees and teas, candies, carbonated drinks, pickles, spices. Add fruits, vegetables, sprouted seeds, raw nuts and cereals to your diet.
Feel Free to share.