Get a flawless body.
If you are pregnant or have recently started a strict weight loss programme, there are chances that the ugly marks might show up. Even if you don’t have stretch marks at the moment, it is wise to start caring for your skin comprehensively to ensure that the problem never arises. Take a look at the tips below:
• Nourish your skin from within: Eat skin-friendly foods like vitamin C rich fruits (oranges, lemons, guava), include lots of protein in the diet (best choices would be soya, eggs, milk, fish, sprouts), incorporate essential fats in the diet (almonds, walnuts, olive oil, fish).
• Always stay hydrated: You lose a lot of fluids when you are physically very active. Make sure you replenish these by drinking enough water everyday. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, and have lots of juicy fruits and vegetables in the diet. You can increase the water content in the diet with fruit juices, herbal tea, milk, etc.
• Be regular with your exercise: Even if you are pregnant, talk to your doctor about yoga and other exercises during pregnancy. Physical activity increases skin elasticity and blood circulation, thus nipping stretch marks at the root.
• Go for regular oil massages to soften the skin. If your skin is oily, you can have a body massage with a water-based moisturizer. Dry skin is prone to stretch marks, so it is best to keep the skin supple and moisturised at all times. Best options are cocoa butter or vitamin E enriched cream.
• If you are worried about using artificial products on your skin during pregnancy, you can use a mix of olive oil and aloe vera gel as a moisturiser. You can even opt for coconut, mustard or castor oil.
• Exfoliation is equally important. You can use a loofah while you bathe, or go for a full body exfoliation treatment at the spa. Exfoliation helps get rid of the topical layer of the dead skin, thus aiding in exposing the hidden new layers of skin.
• Do not forget to apply liberal amounts of sunscreen every time you leave the house. Harsh sunrays can cause skin tanning and wrinkling. This can make the marks appear more prominent.
• Rub potato and lemon juice over the affected skin. Potatoes and lemons are rich in natural skin-lightening agents. These will help even out your skin tone, thus making the marks less visible.
Look good.. Feel Great.